This requires Org Admin privileges and for the Customs Editor advanced tool unlocked by the support team.
The Deadline Chains advanced tool is the powerhouse way to stay on top of all of your deadlines. By setting up key deadlines that are in conjunction with each other, you never have to worry about remembering what's due next or how far away it is due. Depending on how you set up your deadline chains, once an initial date is entered (such as a court date or the date of incident), prerequisite deadlines and subsequent deadlines will automatically populate based on that date. Here are some quick facts about Deadline Chains:
- All deadlines will appear on the project's calendar and the calendars of any follower of that project.
- All deadlines will send out reminders to all followers on prescribed days according to that deadline's reminder schedule until that deadline is given a Completed date.
- These deadlines can also be adjusted per case as needed. Simply enter a new due or done date and the the Chains will adjust themselves accordingly.
How to Set Up Deadline Chains
1) Navigate to the Menu > Advanced > then choose "Deadline Chains" on the left hand list of tools.
2) Begin by choosing your Organization from the respective drop-down, if it hasn't been selected by default.
3) Select the + icon to create a new deadline chain.
4) Click the pencil icon next to title to rename your new chain.
5) Select a default calendar in which these deadlines will use to count days. Every jurisdiction and has different rules regarding whether the deadline follows a specific court day schedule or if every day is counted.
6) Click to add the first deadline. Your first deadline will be independent, meaning that you will need to input this data manually to trigger other dates in the deadline chain. These dates usually include Trial Dates, Motion Dates or a Date of Incident. Once you have added a name for this initial deadline, click the checkmark to save it.
7) Add additional deadlines to the chain by selecting "Add a Deadline." Select whether each deadline is dependent upon another already in the chain or make it independent. If the deadline is dependent upon another, indicate which deadline and the appropriate schedule regarding when that deadline is due.
8) Complete the process by double checking that each deadline has been saved (by clicking on each deadline chain's checkmark).
9) Click the "Publish" button next to the title of your Deadline Chain to make it accessible to your Organization.
10) (Optional) There is a default reminder schedule that all deadline chains will send out reminders for. This schedule can be customized by accessing the Reminder Schedules advanced tool. Once your Org has created a custom reminder schedule, you will be able to select which reminder schedule each deadline should work off of.