Any user can be given a project role on a specific project by a project admin. This can be done in bulk by using the Mass Update Permissions tool and can be done automatically for all new projects, both of which are explained below.
These project roles are primarily used as assignees of Autotasks for streamlined task management. If there are Autotasks that need to go to someone based on their responsibilities in your firm, the utilization of project roles and autotasks can create and assign these tasks automatically.
How do I assign a role to one user in bulk?
1) Save a report of all the projects that this role assignment needs to be applied to.
2) Using the Advanced tool, Mass Update Permissions, and select "Mass Update Permission/Roles/Primary."
3) Select the user, the level of permission, the saved report from step 1, and the necessary role(s).
4) Click the Save button.
How do I auto-assign team roles?
1) Navigate to the Menu > Setup > click on "Orgs" in the left sidebar > open the "Members" section.
2) Click on the appropriate member's card and click on the New Projects tab.
3) Select the necessary roles in the Auto-add Project Role(s) section.
4) Click the Update button and confirm the update to be made. You will know that this has been successfully done if their card now displays the project role badge with the word "auto" text next to it.
How do I manually assign team roles to a project?
1) First, go to the Team tab of the project.
2) Click on the user you wish to assign the role to and a box will appear.
3) Select “Other Roles” and choose from the list. To select multiple roles for one user, hold down CTRL.
4) Click on the Save button to finish.